Public universities, universities of applied sciences,
non-university research institutions and research funding agencies
Please contact us. We gladly answer your questions about membership.
Head of Administrative Office
Advising and Training
(1) The members of the Association shall be classified as full, special and honorary members.
(2) Full members shall be those who participate fully in the work of the Association. Special members shall be those who promote the Association’s activities in other ways. Honorary members shall be those who are appointed as such due to extraordinary achievements in connection with the Association.
(1) All physical and legal persons as well as organisations with legal personality are eligible to become members of the Association.
(2) Universities and institutions of higher education, research funding agencies and other organisations which conduct or support scientific research are eligible to become full members.
(3) Those physical and legal persons and other organisations with legal personality conducting or supporting scientific research which cannot become full members in accordance with Par. 2 but have an interest in the fulfilment of the Association’s objectives are eligible to become special members.
(4) The General Assembly of the Association shall decide on the induction of full and special members by a two-thirds majority.
(5) Honorary members shall be appointed by the General Assembly on the basis of nominations by the Board of the Association.
(6) The induction of full or special members may be denied without any indication of reasons.
(7) Until the Association is formally established, members will be selected on a preliminary basis by the founders of the Association. However, those memberships will only become effective upon the formal establishment of the Association.
(1) Membership in the Association shall lapse upon the member’s death, loss of legal personality in the case of legal entities and organisations, or by resignation or expulsion.
(2) Members may only resign from the Association as of December 31 or June 30 each year. Members who wish to resign must notify the Board accordingly at least one month in advance. Where such notice is submitted less than one month prior to the resignation date, it will not become effective until the next resignation date. The postmark on the letter of resignation shall be used to determine whether such a notice is sent in time.
(3) The General Assembly may expel a member who falls more than six months into arrears in paying membership dues despite two written payment reminders indicating a reasonable period for late payment.
(4) The General Assembly may also decide to expel a member from the Association due to severe violations of other member obligations.
(5) In response to a motion from the Board, the General Assembly may revoke an honorary membership for the reasons listed in Par. 4.
(6) In cases where membership is terminated, the obligation to remit any unpaid membership dues will remain unaffected.
(1) Members are entitled to take part in all Association events (with the exception of meetings of organs other than the General Assembly) and to receive information on the Association’s activities. The right to attend and vote at the General Assembly is reserved for full members in accordance with the provisions of Art. 10. Members of the Board and the Association’s management are entitled to take part in the General Assembly.
(2) Members are obliged to make every reasonable effort to promote the interests of the Association and to avoid any actions which would be detrimental to the reputation or objectives of the Association. Members are required to observe the Statutes of the Association as well as the decisions and resolutions taken by the organs of the Association. Full and special members are obliged to pay their membership dues in a timely manner and in the amount set by the General Assembly.
(3) Full members are obliged to report severe cases of suspected scientific misconduct in their respective fields to the Agency for Research Integrity.