Herrengasse 13, 1010 Wien
10 years Austrian Agency for Research Integrity
The ÖAWI celebrates its 10-years anniversary. In honor of this occasion the agency invites for a one-day symposium on the 10th of September 2018 into Palais Niederösterreich in Vienna.
International as well as Austrian speakers will talk about challenges and opportunities of building more confidence in science but also in creating a culture of integrity within the research system.
Registration and Coffee
- Klement Tockner (Chair ÖAWI, President of the FWF)
The ÖAWI – Conception, Birth and Early Childhood
- Christoph Kratky (Founder and first Chair of ÖAWI, former President of the FWF)
The ÖAWI model of fostering research integrity: looking back and learning forward
Stephan Rixen (Chairperson of the Committee on Research Integrity of the Austrian Agency for Research Integrity (ÖAWI); University of Bayreuth (Germany))
Keynote: What research institutions can and should do to foster research integrity
- Lex Bouter (Chair of the World Conferences on Research Integrity Foundation; VU University Medical Centre in Amsterdam)
The REWARD campaign: reducing waste in research is an integrity issue
- Sabine Kleinert (Senior Editor Lancet)
How to protect whistleblowers and the scientists they accuse
- Sven Hendrix (Hasselt University)
Transgressions of research integrity — Should we be concerned?
- Ulrike Felt (Department of Science and Technology Studies, University of Vienna)
Prevention as a key element for Integrity
- Karl-Gerhard Straßl/Martina Baravalle (University of Music and Performing Arts)
ÖAWI: Advising, Training and Networking
- Nicole Foeger (ÖAWI)